What is a privacy notice?
Under EU wide general data protection regulation (GDPR) you have specific rights. To communicate these rights to you in a clear and concise manner, we are providing you with this privacy notice.
To be able to document and process your personal data, under GDPR you must give Charlie Mann Racing Ltd explicit consent.
Who We Are
Charlie Mann Racing Ltd is a racehorse training yard based in Lambourn, Berkshire. We are regulated by the British Horseracing Association, a member of the National Trainers Federation and fully insured.
We have a legal contractual obligation to collect personal data for the purposes of providing our services to owners, prospective owners and other interested parties. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary to remain in contact with you if you have expressed an interest in receiving emails, and other forms of updates from Charlie Mann Racing Ltd.
This data is always held securely and is not shared with anyone, other than for accountancy purposes if you are an owner with us.
We may use your contact details to give you updates if you have requested them, or other information concerning your horses in training. We may also use your contact information to send you our newsletter or other information which we believe may be of use to you – for which you must give me explicit consent.
In making an initial contact with Charlie Mann Racing Ltd, We will keep your contact details for a period of three months, unless you request otherwise, and do not wish to own a horse with us or receive general email updates about the yard.
Sharing your personal data
Be safe in the knowledge that your data is never shared with anyone other than those working in the office (Charlie Mann & Kate Tierney), and for accountancy and taxation purposes if you become an owner here at Charlie Mann Racing Ltd.
Retaining your personal data – Racehorse Ownership & Syndicates
We will process personal data during the duration of any ownership and will continue to store only the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. After eight years all personal data will be deleted, unless basic information needs to be retained by me to meet my future obligations to you, such as erasure details.
All Data is held in the United Kingdom. Charlie Mann Racing Ltd does not store personal data outside the EU.
At any point whilst Charlie Mann Racing Ltd is in possession of, or processing your personal data, all data subjects have the following rights:
1. Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you – you can make a subject access request and you will need to provide identification. There is no charge for this.
2. Right of rectification – you have the right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
3. Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from my records.
4. Right of restriction of processing- where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processing.
5. Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
6. Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
7. Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – we don’t do this at Charlie Mann Racing Ltd!
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. The breach will be dealt with by Charlie Mann & I will explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps I am taking to deal with it.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Charlie Mann Racing Ltd you have the right to complain to directly to us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.